- 3-4 lb Whole Chicken
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Sage
- 1Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Its been brutally cold around these parts and if you’re anything like me you’re searching for a reason to turn your oven on. Here is a great, simple recipe that will feed the whole family.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Remove the giblets from inside the chicken. Rinse entire bird with cool water. Pat dry inside and out.
- Chop onion, garlic cloves, and lemon. Stuff inside the chicken.
- Combine rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Brush/rub onto all sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken on roasting pan and place in the oven
- Cook for 1 hour, or until chicken appears golden brown.
- Slice up and serve.