Need a great summer recipe! Try this Lemon and Basil Marinated Chicken on the grill! There aren’t too many flavors that go together better than citrus and basil. The strong basil and lemon are perfect combination for a shorter marinating time, allowing you to make a great meal without the huge time commitment. Enjoy! Let us know how it turns out on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/duthlersfamilyfoods)!
Ingredients for the Marinade
Juice from 2 lemons
Zest from 1 lemon
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil leaves (packed
1/4 cup dry White Wine
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Place all marinade ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and blend well.
- Place the chicken breasts in a sealable bag and pour in the marinade.
- Work the marinade around to cover the chicken breasts and then squeeze as much air out of the bag as you can and seal it.
- Place the bag in a bowl and place the bag in the refrigerator.
- Marinate the chicken for around 4 – 6 hours, turning the bag a few times throughout so that the chicken gets equal love from the marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place the bag of marinating chicken on the kitchen counter about 30 minutes before grilling, just to warm the breasts up a little.
- Follow these directions to grill your chicken.
Find all the ingredients you’ll need at any of our 4 convenient locations!
Recipe found at http://www.grillingcompanion.com/chicken-breast-recipe/